Posted on December 18, 2017
Welcome to my class page! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. You can reach me by calling the school at (718) 641-6990 or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A friendly reminder: All classwork must be completed for homework if not completed in class!
As always…read, read, read!
Grade 7 Schedule
- 8:10 – 8:50 ELA
- 8:50 – 9:30 Social Studies
- 9:30 – 10:10 ELA
- 10:10-11:30 Math
- 11:30-12:10 i-Ready
- 12:10-12:50 Religion (Working Snack)
- 12:50-1:30 Science
Grade 7 Specials:
~Tuesdays: Spanish at 12:10PM
~Thursdays: Spanish at 8:10AM
*7th Grade gym will be on Thursday – Please wear your gym uniform every Thursday
*District code for HMH login is Diocese of Brooklyn Ed Office.
~If you are having difficulty getting into HMH, please make sure you are using Chrome and that you to not have other windows open. (It is very sensitive.)
*All classwork not completed in class must be completed for homework.
*All students (Grades 6-8) should read for a minimum of thirty minutes a day.
*If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
1. Read Ch.16 of LWTW, write a detailed summary, and complete the response questions (in Rdg. NB)
2. Continue working on storyboard for “Zoo” movie – Due: Tomorrow, 1-12-21
3. Review “Zoo” – Test: Wednesday, 1-13-21
1. Complete next two pages of Handwriting book
2. Define the LWTW Ch.16 Vocabulary Words (in Rdg. NB)
3. Write a paragraph including your choice of any three Ch.16 vocabulary words from LWTW – the topic of the paragraph does not need to be about the book (in Rdg. NB)
1. Read and annotate “Animal Snoops…” on IL pgs.119-125
1. Complete Check Your Understanding and Analyze the Text for “Animal Snoops…” on IL pgs.125-126 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete Research on IL pg.126 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Complete rough draft of informational essay about the animal you researched – IL pg.127 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete GW Ex.1,2,WWYT on pg.158 (in LA NB)
2. Read and annotate “The School Days of an Indian Girl” on CT pgs.69-71 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete CT Return to the Text #2-5 on pgs.72-73 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Complete Research on IL pg.120
3. Begin Create and Discuss on IL pg.121. Students choose either essay or presentation – Final product is due on Friday, 1-15-21
1. Complete CT Comprehension Check on pg.74 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Complete GW Ex.1,2 on pg.160 (in LA NB)
1. Read and write a summary for Ch.1-7 of Nothing But the Truth (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete Critical Vocabulary, Vocabulary Strategy, and Language Conventions on IL pgs.122-123 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Complete GW Ex.1,2 on pg.162 (in LA NB)
1. Complete CT Analyze and Synthesize Across Texts on pgs.82-83 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Review “Book of Unknown Americans” – Test: Wednesday, 1-13-21
1. Read, annotate, and analyze “Spirit Walking in the Tundra” on IL pgs.203-204
2. Complete Check Your Understanding and Research on IL pgs.205-206 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Read and analyze IOBA Poems #97-108 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete Analyze the Text on IL pg.206 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete Write a Poem on IL pg.207 (in Rdg. NB)