Posted on December 18, 2017
Welcome to my class page! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. You can reach me by calling the school at (718) 641-6990 or emailing me at email@example.com.
A friendly reminder: All classwork must be completed for homework if not completed in class!
As always…read, read, read!
Grade 7 Schedule
- 8:10 – 8:50 ELA
- 8:50 – 9:30 Social Studies
- 9:30 – 10:10 ELA
- 10:10-11:30 Math
- 11:30-12:10 i-Ready
- 12:10-12:50 Religion (Working Snack)
- 12:50-1:30 Science
Grade 7 Specials:
~Tuesdays: Spanish at 12:10PM
~Thursdays: Spanish at 8:10AM
*7th Grade gym will be on Thursday – Please wear your gym uniform every Thursday
*District code for HMH login is Diocese of Brooklyn Ed Office.
~If you are having difficulty getting into HMH, please make sure you are using Chrome and that you to not have other windows open. (It is very sensitive.)
*All classwork not completed in class must be completed for homework.
*All students (Grades 6-8) should read for a minimum of thirty minutes a day.
*If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Complete rough draft of essay (in Rdg. NB)
2. Read Ch.7 of LWTW, write a detailed summary, and complete the response questions in your Rdg. Notebook
3. Spelling Dictating Paragraph is tomorrow
4. Final copy of LWTW Ch.6 Word Splash is due on Wednesday, 10-28
1. Complete next two pages of Handwriting book
2. Define the LWTW Ch.7 Vocabulary Words (in Rdg. Notebook)
3. Write a paragraph including your choice of any three Ch.7 vocabulary words from LWTW – the topic of the paragraph does not need to be about the book (in Rdg. Notebook)
1. Read and annotate “Embarrassed? Blame Your Brain” on pgs.49-53
1. Complete Check Your Understanding, Analyze the Text, and Research on IL pgs.53-54 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete IL Critical Vocabulary, Vocabulary Strategy, and Language Conventions on pgs.55-56 (in Rdg. NB)
2. Complete IL Advertisement on pg.55 (in Rdg. NB)
1. Review “Women in Aviation” – Test: Friday, 10-30
2. Complete GW Ch.4 Review Parts A-D on pgs.108-111 (in LA NB)
3. Complete Critical Vocabulary, Vocabulary Strategy, and Language Conventions on IL pgs.56-57 (in Rdg. NB)
4. Final copy of OS Ch.6 word splash is due on Wednesday, 10-28
1. Complete CT “What is Distracted Driving” annotations and comp. check on pgs.43-45 (***Collecting and grading the comp. check tomorrow)
1. Read and annotate “Thank you, M’am” on IL pgs.61-65
2. Read and write a summary for Ch.7 of The Outsiders (in Rdg. NB)
1. Complete Check Your Understanding and Analyze the Text on pgs.65-66 (in Rdg. Notebook)
1. Complete CT pgs.46-47
2. Spelling Dictating Paragraph #2 is tomorrow
1. Complete Section 4 of IOBA “Vietnam Wars” packet
1. Read and annotate Parts II and III of “The Monkey’s Paw” on pgs.120-127
1. Complete Check Your Understanding and Analyze the Text on IL pgs.127-128
1. Complete IOBA “Vietnam Wars” packet – Section 5
2. Complete Quickwrite #3